Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm back.

I don't know if anyone will read this since you have probably all given up on looking at our blog!  I set a goal to blog more.   I know goals are supposed to be specific but I don't know how busy this semester will be...for now it is simply "blog more". 

Speaking of goals, Happy New Year!  There is a tradition in my family that I started this year with Dan since 2013 will be our first full year together (married).  We write New Year's goals and predictions and seal them in an envelope and open them the following New Year's Eve.  The predictions make it so much more fun!  I usually predict one thing for each member of my family silently.  Then the next year I read any of my predictions aloud and usually get a good laugh because my prediction was so off or brag about how spot on I was.;)  When it comes to goals, I have been trying to simplify because I have had a few discouraging New Years' reading my last years' goals realizing I hadn't reached the majority of them.  This year I chose one spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, and social goal this year.  I hope this simplified way works.  It is key to write them on a 3x5 card
or another small paper too so they will be visible daily. 

This New Years Dan and I were in Las Vegas. It was such a blast!  We saw some crazy people and it was crowded but being together on vacation is so nice. My dad instilled this love in me for Vegas since I was small. It's really funny how much he loves it.  We joke about putting him on this zip line that goes down the old Las Vegas strip above all the people because he would have a huge smile on his face and my family of course would be laughing so hard watching him.

Anyway, after watching the fireworks in Las Vegas (more pics and details of our trip coming soon) Dan and I came back to the room and I said, "We have to start the tradition in our family!"  He didn't know what I was talking about because last year with the hype of getting engaged New Year's Eve, we didn't do it.  So this year I grabbed the little hotel notepad and hotel pens and we sat in our hotel room making toasts and shared our goals and made some goals together.    


 
When we got home I sealed our goals and predictions in envelopes to
open next year! 
 
Thanks to everyone who sent us your cute Christmas cards.  For one who is still working on writing and sending out our last wedding thank you cards (oops), I decided to hold off this year but I love my friends and I'm grateful to have you in my life.  Happy New Year!  Here's to a year of more calcium, scripture reading, A's, phone calls to friends and family, and blogging!

1 comment:

  1. I love the predictions idea! How fun. I want to do that. Maybe I'll do it with Logan tonight....we're only one week into the new year...not too late, right? :)

    ReplyDelete