Friday, August 24, 2012

Hailey Brae

This family of 4 is now a family of 5.


Niece #3 came one week ago
(6 lbs 8.5 oz.)

                                                        
                 and we can't get enough of her.

I was at work in Springville while my sister was in labor at a hospital 30 minutes away.  She said I could be in the room while she gives brith!  My mom told me she was dialated to a 5 when I left work, so I was taking my grand ol' time running errands on my way.  About 15 minutes into my errands I got a text that my sister was at a 10!  I was still in Springville and drove quickly to the hospital, and entered the room minutes before Hailey arrived.  My brother in law said, "Right in Tia fashion."  I'm so glad I got there to hear her first little cry!

Before Hailey came, my youngest niece and nephew are now almost 3, so it has been a few years since the Zwicks have had a newborn.  I can't even count how many times my mom looks at my sisters and I and says, "Will somebody please have a baby!?"  What a blessing it was for me to not miss any baby arrivals or weddings in my immediate family while I was serving my mission.  So, I'm okay with Hailey not arriving until her Auntie was home.

Hailey has been loved for a long time.  My sister has two energetic toddler boys and is in heaven with this new spirit in her home.  Her boys have been so proud of their little sister. Parker (4) first saw Hailey through the hospital nursery windows as the nurse was giving her her first bath.  He saw other families there and he got pretty upset when he noticed they were looking at other babies and not his sister, "Look at OUR baby" he kept telling them.

Newborns just bring the sweetest spirit into the room.  I forgot the feeling until this past week.  It's so peaceful and calming to be with her.  She truly is fresh from heaven.  

We love you so much Hailey.  We are so grateful for you to be part of our family.


4 comments:

  1. she is seriously one of the prettiest babies i've seen!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tia! I love your blog. Thanks for adding me to your list also. You and your husband are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so beautiful! Tell Emily congratulations!

    ReplyDelete